Cold laser therapy is low-intensity laser therapy that stimulates healing while using low levels of light.
Benefits Of Cold Laser Therapy
- Easy to apply
- Extremely safe
- No side effects or pain
- Highly effective in treating ailments (more than 90% efficacy)
- A superior alternative to analgesics, NSAID’s and other medications
- Reduces the need for surgery
- Works synergistically with other modalities like Chiro, Acupuncture, and PT
- General Therapeutic Laser Biological Effects
Other Important Benefits Include:
- Increased Cell Growth: Laser photons accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Increased Metabolic Activity: Photons initiate a higher output of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells and thus greater production of the basic food source for cells, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP).
- Faster Wound Healing: Cold laser photons stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: Laser photons reduce swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints resulting in enhanced joint mobility.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Laser photons induce temporary vasodilation that increases blood flow to affected areas.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: Laser photons reduce the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or post-surgery.
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Laser photon exposure speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life.
- Pain Reduction: Almost all systems have a mode of operation specifically designed to reduce pain.